Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wonderful Friend

Oh what wonderful joy this is,
Like being thrown thousands of kisses,
Though it seems very amiss,
Cause I did nothing to deserve this.

How this tale should I say?
No words can it portray,
But ain’t I putting it to lay,
So, lend me your ear, if you may.

This is a story about a friend,
He who you always in need,
And He who always there indeed,
He who neither flee nor fade nor bend.

I still remember the night just by,
Angry with Him, I know not why,
Wretched and wrenched, I shut Him away,
Sick in the spirit, I cry and cry.

At my doorstep, He chose to remain,
Forsaken from my sight one whole night,
But neither fair nor dry nor rain,
Will He forsake me from His sight.

There He still is, when morning came,
His ever beautiful smile still the same,
In gentle voice, He whisper my name,
“Good morning, I’m glad you came”.

Then He hand me a gift oh so lovely
Pretty stars wrapped in pink ribbons,
To delight me from my misery,
That I may dance with Him in merry.

Oh what wonderful friend You are,
Who gave none less but many more,
Even after what happened the night before,
You still give, and give even more.

Oh so sorry, my wonderful friend,
To cause Your heart to hurt and bleed,
But You just smile and whisper gently,
“I’ve forgotten, my wonderful friend.”

No comments: