Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dear Mister Tall Hat...

Dear Mister Tall Hat,
Do you mind me calling you that?
I know not your name, as the matter of fact,
Though you may not be really wearing a hat.

How are you lately, may I know?
I do pray you are all well and mellow,
With days painted with Daddy’s rainbow,
Truly I care for you, hope you’d know.

Daddy sang to me of you, one humble night,
Kind and gentle, yet courageous like a knight,
With wisdom and dream shimmering with bright,
But top of all, loves Daddy, with all your heart, soul and might.

Won’t you mind, telling me your story?
Of how Daddy painted your sky oh so starry,
And things that make you tear or merry,
And dreams and passions that so fiery.

Hand in hand, a synergy defined,
Of you and me and Daddy so divine,
Let love overflow, and joy never so fine,
And heart and faith, daily refined.

Curious am I to ask you of this,
Ever had Daddy sang you a song of me?
Yes, a rhythm that goes about a little Miss,
Along with her beauty, unique it may be.

Oh, for us to meet, one blessed day,
For if it’s Daddy’s will, He’ll make a way,
A mere delusion, hope not I pray,
Till Daddy’s timing, come what may.

I hope you’ll read this letter one fine day,
So my dreams won’t be let in lay,
Mister Tall Hat, though you may be far away,
Your happiness I’ll pray, day after day,

No comments: