Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Riddles of Life

Life is full with riddles. Peculiar, yet interestingly miraculous riddles.

Some made us smile and laugh. Like the seven-coloured curved stripe on the sky. Who would have guessed, a horrendous storm can bring such beautiful craving on the sky.

Some made us cry and shiver and fuming with anger. The sarcastic words cannon-balled . The ignored heart. The many failed attempts. “Why?” you screamed, you yelled, you sobbed, “Why?”.

Just then, I had lost my dear watch. But, if I really think of it, it was not mine to begin with. Had it on my wrist for years, but gone within seconds. Misplacement? Slipped out? Whatever the reason maybe, it is another riddle of life.

Though was saddened by its lost, deep down in my heart, I felt a certain sense of joy. Relieved, to be precise. Set free? Well, literally speaking, my left wrist is now bare. But I’d hope, it will return back to its rightful owner, whom, as I mentioned earlier, is not me.

Another then, I had found something I had lost. You see, a precious cassette of mine given away to the same person above. I love my dear cassette. It was a definite extinct. I thought I could never see it again. Ever again? I was oh so wrong...

A dear friend of mine not knowingly had same cassette. Found while she was spring cleaning, she concluded that she can never know how to appreciate such unique opus. Thus, she handed it to me. Yes, the cassette I lost. Who would have thought, what was lost, can returned? Another riddle, I supposed.

Riddles of life, they make life so colourful.
Blue would not know he is blue, if he had not met dear red.
Mountain peak would not be that high, if there is no valley.
Time would not be precious, if the clock had stopped ticking.
Light would not breakthrough, if there is no blanket of darkness.
Love would not know its place, if you do not have a fragile heart.
Life is full with riddles. Ridiculous it maybe.

Like a jigsaw puzzle, with each ridiculously shaped pieces combined together.

A beautiful picture, in the end of it all...

A picture of...



Me.

1 comment:

Brandon Teoh said...

A big thumb up!!

You manage to describe life in a just a fraction of the page.

This is like how hit songs become hits, bcoz its lyrics touch life of many in many ways.

Someday someone will read this blog and die peacefully. To the next destination wherever it may be.

Period.