Monday, October 30, 2006

“Therefore, I tell you, do not worry…”

Once, on the way to Hreilm City to visit one of her long lost friend, the little mouse met someone intriguing. Very much inspired by her new friend’s faith and strength, the little mouse decided write her friend’s life story into her journal.

This is her story...

“Dawn. The air is cool. The tingling sensation when hundreds of little, cold dew touches my skin. Oh, such marvel. Inhaled deeply, the fragrant morning breeze. Inhaled deeply, again and again and again… The sky is still dark; I could still see the moon. The sun is rising, the sun is rising… my heart pounded. I will miss the moon though, even as I am crazing for the sweet taste of sunshine.

Break of dawn. The first glimpse of the golden sun was majestic. Look at the clouds! The matrimony between red, orange, blue and purple never as perfect as this. Or, at least, I think so.

Morning. I am all packed with enough water to go on for the whole today! Anticipating the very best to happen. Not minding the wind that blows. There’ll be wind, for sure, whether it is just a light gust or an enormous storm. They may be tough. I may fall and cry too. But once the wind has passed, I know, for sure, I’ll reap another star.

Afternoon. The heat is getting immense. The water in me is drying up fast. Oh, my head. The heat is really hurting my head. Not forgetting the wind, swaying me left and right and left again… Now, don’t you worry about me. You might think I will fall. But I won’t. How about the water, you say? I thought I told you. I had enough water for the whole day.

Evening. Finally. Birds are starting to return to their humble abode. As they flew pass me, they stopped to admire me. Oh yes, I am truly a beautiful sight! Clad in silky, pearl white dress. With a shimmering diamond tiara on my head. Even King Solomon was never dressed as beautiful as me.

Night. Everywhere is dark. And not forgot to mention, eerie. Fear and worry lurking in the darkness. Panic heightened. Guilt emerged. Loneliness... Am I truly alone? No! I won’t fall for that same, o’ lame trap. I am not alone. Was never and will never. He’s always with me. He’ll never forsake me. That is why, even in the darkness, I can still find light.

5 minutes till midnight. I begin to count every minute left. Exhausted. Water in me running dry.

4 minutes till midnight. Thirst conquering me, creeping from the bottom at my feet.

3 minutes till midnight. Will I survive? I surely will. Definitely.

2 minutes till midnight. Tired and weary. Been standing up right for the whole day. My legs felt fatigue. I can’t stand up right.

1 minute till midnight. Lord, HELP!

Midnight. Down flow glorious Milk from Heaven. Such wondrous rain. Filling my well full again. Oh Lord, what am I to do without You. For I am just a lily at a field. I neither toil nor spin. But yet You clothed me warm and beautiful, and grant me my everyday provision. You take away my worry and weary. And shower me Your Holy presence.

I am all up and fully armored and filled. Ready for today’s adventure. How about tomorrow, you say? Well, tomorrow is another story…”


Mathew 6: 25 - 33
25 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31"Therefore do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?' or "What shall we drink?' or "What shall we wear?' 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucrechia....you have a very imaginative mind...keep it up, and I think you can be the next story writer for Him. :p
Looking forward to your blogs!

Anonymous said...

I may not understand everything here, but I like lepaking around people's blog... for no apparent reasons.. .Muhahah...

Anonymous said...

Hey! ya go girl! So heng ar what u've written.. gotta decipher the happenings in your life - but nevertheless keep up your good work k! Cheers to the next story writer for Him!

Anonymous said...

Yo. So tak han ar you to write such a long story. :P Ganbatte ne! From your kawaii otouto.